Sabancı University Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences has activated an annual article award to be administered by Sabancı University Gender and Women's Studies Forum in memory of Dicle Koğacıoğlu starting in 2010. 2011 yılında makale ödülünün ikincisi gerçekleştirilecektir.
The award aims to encourage young researchers and support gender studies on Turkish society and culture. The competition is open to all graduate students of social sciences and humanities, as well as researchers within two years of a graduate degree. Articles will be evaluated by an inter-institutional committee anonymously.
The prizes for the Dicle Koğacıoğlu Article Award for 2011 have been determined as follows: 1000 TL for first prize, 750 TL for second prize, 500 TL for third prize. A limited number of participants will be invited to a one-day conference to present their work. Winners will be announced at the end of the conference.
• All entries should be unpublished, new and original.
• Article length should not exceed 6000 words including headings, footnotes and references. All footnotes should appear at the end of the article, not the end of each page. The language of the article should be Turkish.
• An abstract of 500 words and the curriculum vitae of the writer should be sent along with the article.
• Name, surname, institution, postal and e-mail addresses of the participant should be clearly stated.
• The article, abstract, curriculum vitae and communication information should be sent to kogaciogluodulu at sabanciuniv.edu as a Word file.
Deadline for the submission of articles is October 7, 2011.