· 2019. ‘A dwelling lens: migration, diversity and boundary-making in an Istanbul neighbourhood.’ Ethnic and Racial Studies.
· 2015. ‘Spatializing diversities, diversifying spaces: housing experiences and home-space perceptions in a migrant hub of Istanbul.’ Ethnic and Racial Studies 38(4): 596-607.
· 2015. ‘Governing through Uncertainty: Experiences of being a refugee in Turkey as a transit country for asylum.’Social Analysis, 59(1): 57-75.
· 2014. ‘Migration, urban space and diversity: a case from Istanbul.’ Insight Turkey, 16 (4): 55-63.
· 2014. ‘Infection of the Invisible: Impressions of a Tuberculosis Intervention Program for Migrants in Istanbul.’ Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. (Co-authored with Y. Yasin and M. Erol)
· 2018. ‘Irregular migrants and negotiated urban space in Istanbul.’ In Fatma Muge Gocek (ed.), Contested Spaces in Turkey: Politics of the Urban, Secular, Legal and Environmental. London: IB Tauris
· 2018. ‘Spaces of inclusion or exception? The experience and regulation of citizenship in a space of irregularity in Istanbul.’ In Roberto G. Gonzales and Nando Sigona (eds.), Within and Beyond Citizenship: Borders, Membership and Belonging. Routledge.
· 2018. ‘Living Together in Ambivalence in a Migrant Neighbourhood of Istanbul.’ In Nora Fischer Onar, Susan C. Pearce and Fuat Keyman (eds), Living with Difference in a Global City. Rutgers University Press.
· 2013. ‘The Changing Trajectory of Migration to Turkey.’ In M. Balbo, A. Icduygu and J. Perez (Eds.), Countries of Migrants, Cities of Migrants: Italy, Spain, Turkey, Istanbul: Isis Press. (Co-authored with A. Icduygu)
· 2013. New Migrations to Istanbul and Emerging Local Practices. In M. Balbo, A. Icduygu and J. Perez (Eds.), Countries of Migrants, Cities of Migrants: Italy, Spain, Turkey, Istanbul: Isis Press.
Reports and Working papers:
· 2019. Urban community centres in Turkey: Understanding the diversity of contemporary practices. Istanbul Policy Center.
· 2014. Exploring migration, diversification and urban transformation in contemporary Istanbul: The case of Kumkapi. MMG Working Paper 14-11.
· 2013. New Diversities in Istanbul: Setting a Research Agenda for Studying Migration and the City. SSIIM UNESCO Chair Paper Series, Universita IUAV di Venezia.
· 2008. Migration ‘Securitization’ and its Everyday Implications: an examination of Turkish asylum policy and practice. Best Participant Essays Series 2009/01, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, San Domenico di Fiesole (FI).
· 2008. Migrant Cities Research: Istanbul. British Council, November 2008. (Co-authored with A. Icduygu)